My dear cousin, Katie, tagged me on her blog. The task is to list 10 things that I like about myself. In some ways it sounds very vain to my already proud, Leo ears. I consider myself to be in the AA version of pridefulness - Pride Anonymous let's call it. I will be in recovery for the rest of my life. That being said, I think it's SO important to be able to find things within you that you love. How else can you love everyone else? There's a song by Regina Spektor that sums it up for me. I like to sing it at the top of my lungs. One of the verses goes like this:
"..this is how it works. You reach inside yourself. You take the things you like and try to love the things to you took. And then you take that love you make and stick it in to some, someone's else's heart pumping someone else's blood and walking arm in arm you hope it won't get harmed and even if it does you just do it all again."
What I like about me...
1. I have a warm, inviting home.
2. I am good at (and love) my job.
3. People come to me for advice and feel like they can talk to me.
4. I am a good cook.
5. I take responsibility for my actions.
6. I try to think for myself.
7. I love being a wife and mother.
8. I am not afraid to be silly.
9. I try to fill every day with passion for life and embrace each moment.
10. I love to love.
Okay, so I now tag Roy, Jeremy, and Melissa. Ready or not...