Thursday, January 10, 2008

bloggers block

I've fallen behind on my blogging. I think this is for a number of reasons.

1. Work has been ridiculously busy. And while I don't blog at work, I come home exhausted. I don't even have the energy to pick up my silk/merino blend and work on my cabled fingerless mittens! THAT is tired!

2. Like 99% of the rest of the people in Kentucky, my sinus's ache. That's the only word I can think of to describe it. Directly behind my eyebrows is a dull pain that just won't go away without the aide of ibuprofin and there's only so much of that I can do.

3. I've been trying to remember 2007, to wax poetic on the year that was. I've read old blogs for inspiration, I've wracked my brain thinking about what happened... it was a great year. I remember that much, but I'm lost on the specifics. As my first full year as a parent, is this what I have to look forward to?

So I guess I'm just going to write what I've been thinking lately.

I am so PUMPED about election season. For those who don't know, I am all about Barack Obama. Roy and I were watching the NH primary like it was a football game. As we watched the vote difference go from 3029 to 2064 to 4012, it was like watching our beloved Cats try to make a first down.

I'm not big on New Years resolutions, but I made one this year. And it's more of a life resolution. I have resolved to GET OVER IT. I have a tendency to dwell on things I have no control over, and things about people that bother me. I need to just learn to move on and get over it! It's so so so hard, but it's detrimental to my psyche. We are all works in progress and this is something I really need to work on. It's been really hard. If any of you have been there, I could use a little direction.

Sophie is getting SO big. She turned 16 months this week and it's amazing to me how much she is learning, how much she knows. She finished breakfast this morning and put her cup on her plate, and moved them to the table so her tray was clean. She has really latched on to certain books and we have to read them over and over and over again. She loves to be chased around the house and has started to throw glorious temper tantrums - usually over not getting her blessed goldfish. (I swear, they put crack in those things.) She's practicing words and it's so cute to see the progression. Shoe is currently Shee, Milk is mmmm, that kind of thing. She loves animals so much and is trying desperately to say hee haw, but just can't get it. It's so adorable. I found her last week sitting in the hallway in front of a basket of folded laundry, decorating herself with wash cloths. (Katie, I had visions of Greta in that moment.)

I am officially ready for spring. I think I would've been fine if the temperatures this week had staying in the 30's, but I was walking around with no coat on Tuesday! NO COAT! That glimmer of spring ruined me for winter.

So that's my life in a few paragraph summary! I have other thoughts rattling around in this mucus-filled head of mine, but they'll have to wait for another day. I have a filthy bathroom, dog hair covered floor, and dirty sheets to contend with. Onward ho!

6 comments:

kclblogs said...

i loved getting caught up in your thoughts -- thanks! and on letting go . . . i think having kids is one huge lesson in letting go. they are their own little people, and not repeats of us. sometimes i have to force myself to realize this about strangers, too, who aren't my own flesh and blood.

Rae said...

Amen, sista! Work, life, resolutions, kids, time, politics (Go BARACK!)... they are all consuming my life as well. Oh how much fun it would be to be watching the South Carolina, Michigan, or Nevada returns with you and Roy in our living room (or yours), beers in hands, kids on the floor, giggles, laughs, smiles, old times and the promise of a bright future, to guide us.
I MISS YOU!
(And loving the updates and new pictures of Sophie. She is darling!)

Leigh said...

Love your new entry!! Miss you! :)

Anonymous said...

oooooooo yes
oooooooo yes


maybe i should adopt the get over it resolve as well....

AnnaMarie said...

Ooooh, Rae, I wish that too. I wish that so much.

Anne and Leigh said...

I totally agree with your resolution! It is time for us all to get over it and not focus on any drama. None of us need it! Good for you!!

Miss you!

-Anne