Friday, July 4, 2008

Making Plans

I love the three day weekend. I have big plans.

As I look out the window, big rain drops splash in puddles that appeared overnight. I know that it ruins the scheduled events for today, but it's supposed to rain all day and that suits me fine. My goal: to get my house clean and laundry done today - Friday! - so I have the rest of the weekend to do things like make bread, figure out what to take to California (I leave Thursday!!), and play with Sophie.

Roy's not up yet so it's hard to say conclusively, but he seems to be on the mend and while my stomach continues to make strange noises, I feel pretty good. Sophie is enjoying being a lazy bum, laying on the couch watching cartoons. We're all entitled to these mornings. It's 7:30 and I'm about to get cup of coffee #2 before diving head first into the mound of dirty dishes that have accumulated over the week of sick.

Ah, but first, Sophie is asking for me to come cuddle with her on the couch. How can I refuse?

Happy 4th!

No comments: