Sunday, March 1, 2009

just things

I woke up this morning at 8:00 sharp. Sophie still asleep. The feeling in my room was of spring and I felt that jolt of energy that greets me this time of year. When I got up to let the cat out, a burst of 20 degree weather hit me and I saw the snow on the ground. Alas, spring it is not. But I still feel that surge that says, "play in the dirt!" "go for long walks!" "eat asparagus!"

*****

This past week we got the disc of pictures my mom and dad took at Disney World, as well as the videos from the trip. It's been a blast to relive those moments. Here are a few of my favorite shots from mom and dad.
Minnie was definately Sophie's favorite. Those weren't Mickey ears, the were MINNIE ears. Early feminist perhaps?

The fam in front of Cinderella's castle, late evening. That balloon just died yesterday.


I love this picture of Riley. It's such a typical expression. He has a playful strut. "Yea, I'm cool. I'm 10. Wanna make something of it?"

Me and Sophie in front of the Tower of Terror.

Speaks for itself.

Probably my favorite of the lot - Riley, Sophie, and Grandpa. I love the sincerity on everyone's faces. It sums up the feelings on the trip.

*****

The day after I posted my last blog, I went to the Director's of Sophie's daycare. I told her that I wasn't in a hurry to move her and I didn't want for her to be pushed too quickly, however I did want her to remain challenged and stimulated. Sharon said that she would observe Sophie over the next two days and see for herself if she's ready to move to the 3 year old room.

On Friday she told me that there is no doubt in her mind that she can move. She said that (pardon my gloat) she is without a doubt the smartest kid in the class. She expects a spot to open up in April and will move her then. I'm excited to see how her development grows as she interacts in this new setting!

*****
Today is laundry. Home Depot. Dog park. Perhaps some drywall if I have time. I do love the weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beinmyOWNself said...

oh G.A.W.D. that baby is GORGEOUS....i especially <3 the pic of your dad with the kids!

Rae said...

Love the family memories. Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

I loved all of the pics! They were so amazing! I have to agree though, I love the pic of Riley, Sophie and their grandpa. It is a heart warming pic.

Anne and Leigh said...

I love the pic of you and Sophie at the Tower of Terror! So precious!

-Anne