Sunday, July 5, 2009

an everyday life (with surprises)

As I was going through pictures for this post, I came across one of what my living room normally looks like:
From am's picasa

and our book shelves:
From am's picasa

But right now? The room is clean. Clean, dusted, put away, cleaner than it is on MOST weekends. And because of the major mess that this room normally is, I think I enjoy the cleanliness even more. And I always swear swear swear I'll keep it clean until next Saturday but alas, it's just not me.

Last Monday, Sophie brought me a ribbon for her hair and asked for it, "just like Cinderella". She looked so freaking adorable (and OLD!) that I had to snap a picture.
From am's picasa

Later that night, our friends Brad and Rachel stopped in for a visit on their way back to Kansas. This is the only picture I got of the visit. It's weird/rewarding/aging/amazing to see my child and the child of my college dorm mate playing together.
From am's picasa

This past Friday, we went to a cookout at our friends place in Jessamine County. It completely reaffirmed our desire for land and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing their kids again. Brier and Sophie shared a plate of food. We hadn't seen this beautiful family for some time, and Brier knocked my socks off. This kid has NO FEAR.
From am's picasa

Avery showed us her skills.
From am's picasa

And Roy taught the multitudes of kids to build fire and make campfire magic.
From am's picasa

This summer is going fast, but it's been so good; one of the best summers I can remember. I think that's largely because of Sophie. There's nothing like a 2 year old to help you remember why Summer is magic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, "swear, swear, swear", but...