Monday, January 4, 2010

Twenty Ten

So the popular thing this time of year is to do a year in review. And for good reason. Reflection is growth. Is healthy. Is comforting, especially for someone like me who tends to enjoy looking back. (often more than looking present.)

But for some reason, reflection is not coming easy this year. It was professionally difficult and personally rewarding. We all grew in different ways - Sophie by leaps and bounds as only a 2 to 3 year old can - Riley developed into an opinionated and exploratory 11 year old - Roy grew, I think, in a personal way - and I in my belly as new life forms in such a primal, animal way.

I think part of the reason I'm finding it hard to think about 2009 is because so much is planned for 2010. Sophie will grow in ways that only a 3 to 4 year old will. Riley will grow as he transitions to another school, more hobbies, and more into his own self. Roy too will continue his personal growth, and the child in my belly will, with blessings on this life, join our family half way through.

Our house will see renovation.

My now sunny back yard will turn into a home for sustenance. (though I'm in complete denial about pregnancy-and-newborn-gardening.)

And it's with sincere hope that those I love who found struggle in 2009 find their peace in 2010.

1 comment:

stacey said...

Pregnancy and gardening do NOT go hand-in-hand. At least not for me. While I began in spring with high aspirations, despite my growing belly, it quickly evaporated with the heat and bugs. It wasn't a complete disaster - but at times it looked that way. Just this morning I was daydreaming about my garden for this coming spring/summer. Boy am I excited!