Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Fam

In the days leading up to Miller's arrival, we had a lot of welcome activity. My family was in town for an ISWNE newspaper convention in Richmond that began Tuesday and we were fortunate to spend some days with my brother's family leading up to it.

The unseasonably hot temperatures lent themselves to some serious playtime in the fountains in downtown Lexington - but the girls needed Uncle Jeremy to get the ball rolling.

When we got caught in a sudden downpour, Jeremy and I ran for cover while the girls continued their play time in mother nature's sprinkler.


Mom and dad got in on Tuesday, so we went to Mellow Mushroom for some easy and laid back catching up.

I was also dying to take the fam to The Ginkgo Tree at Ashland: the Henry Clay Estate, so we went for lunch Friday and took in the gardens.

Miller arrived just in time to see Jeremy's family leave for home, but not before appearing in the first of many family pictures - even if it was in the hospital.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE that portrait of your family. Beautiful.

Sara said...

I need one of those. I love it.

kclblogs said...

Little Miller will be so grateful for that family shot when he was so fresh. Wonderful!