Wednesday, June 20, 2007

horoscope

This is my horoscope for the week:

How well are you capitalizing on this year's unique opportunities, Leo?
Now that we're almost halfway through 2007, let's take an inventory.
I'm hoping that six months from now, you'll look back and say the following:
"This was the year I learned how to play and have fun on a higher level.
I resurrected everything I knew about playing and having fun as a child,
and applied it to my life as an adult. I liberated my imagination in the
bedroom and in the workplace; I gave myself permission to seek out
amusement and delight as if they were the holiest motivations of all.
I cavorted and joked and fooled around as if my dreams depended on it."

This morning, as Sophie was wide awake and talking in bed at 4:45AM, I tried to get her to go back to sleep. Finally, at 5:45 Roy got up with her, letting me savor a final 30 minutes in bed and he made coffee and tried to appease our tired little girl. When I got up, I held her in my lap and her elephant flew around her head, landing on knees and toes and nose's and heads, NikkiBear talked to elephant about a variety of things, all of which captivated Sophie, and lots of songs were sung. I looked at Roy. "I love being a mom." After reading my horoscope, I realize that being a mom reminds me how to be a kid. I get to play make believe and be silly and wonder about things I had forgotten to wonder about.

No comments: