Sunday, June 10, 2007

powerful memories

This time last year I was nearly 7 months pregnant and thinking about childbirth classes. I was probably just starting to feel her move, her presence becoming real. The June weather is currently hot and dry and I can't step outside without remembering the anticipation of her arrival. It's with an almost regretful pang that I cannot relive these moments; the first kick while reading Riley a chapter out of his book in the middle of the night when he got sick; laying on the couch with a sore back and a tired body while Roy brought me glass after glass of water. Will summertime heat forever remind me of the walks to and from Lamaze class or will they be replaced by grass stained knees and sunburned faces? I suppose we'll find out, won't we?

1 comment:

kclblogs said...

I hope you can hold on to that memory. I find it amazing how easy it is to forget these details.