So Roy was tagged to list 5 weird things about himself. When he told me his task my first thought was, "Only 5 weird things about you!?" and my second thought was, wow, that would be hard for me.
An hour later, I had come up with 7.
I'll only list my top 5, however, and spare you further details of my weirdness.
1. If I don't like a particular food, I will continue to eat it with the hopes that I will one day like it. I have been successful on this front when it comes to beets, sprouts, and avocados. Currently, I am trying VERY hard to like mushrooms but there's something about 'em that I just can't get used to. I keep trying, however. I keep trying.
2. I think often about shaving my head. I shaved my head in high school, then in college, then for the last time at the Catholic Worker. I loved it. To do it again would feel sooo good... sometimes, I fantasize about picking up scissors and just cutting it all off. Okay, I need to stop writing about this now or I'll do something drastic.
3. I Love John Carter of Mars. I guess this maybe isn't weird, but I'm not sure all women have the attachment to John Carter that I do. He's simultaneously proud and humble, noble and all gentleman. And ladies, just LOOK at those legs!
4. Of all the furniture in our 1600sf house, we have only purchased one new item. And it's the crappiest, cheapest thing we own. It's a $60 TV stand from Wal-Mart and it's quietly disintegrating into our floor. We have a lot of furniture. This is really quite impressive.
5. I love to pack. Mostly suitcases, but I'll pack a box just for kicks. I have a VERY specific method that involves laundry, folding, piles based upon article of clothing and event to which it might be worn, i.e. bed, breakfast, daytime, church, etc... sometimes, when it's too early to actually start the packing process, I will make a list of everything that I want/need to take and then never refer to it again. Now that I pack for Sophie too, it's extra fun!!