Sunday, June 1, 2008

What a weekend!

Roy posted pictures of our weekend adventures on his blog, so no need to reinvent the wheel. I'm totally exhausted, sunburned, and fulfilled after a weekend of work, play, and being together. I commented to Roy how readily Riley will turn from the computer, TV or video games if you just give him something to do. I think we're all a little bit like that. 90% of our time this weekend was spent at the park, in the yard, or out in Sadieville.

It was a great reminder of why I love summer. I even got some lilies and hosta's in the ground, and spent time pulling weeds everywhere there wasn't poison ivy. AND, I started my first real sewing project - a pull-on, play-in dress for Sophie. Pants are just too cumbersome sometimes. I think I'd have it nearly finished by now if my sewing machine hadn't freaked out on me and stopped working.

While I am very much ready for an evening in front of the television, it's been a wonderful, unintentional, TV free weekend... and I do believe the start of something wonderful.

2 comments:

beinmyOWNself said...

is it the tension majobby? that seems to be what freaks out on me every time....good golly miss molly, its SOOOO freakin close! and, by the way, she who won't try the bacon vodka without a guinea pig....i'm trying it right now...first lesson...do not salt the bloody mary before tasting...otherwise it's damn tasty! if i'm not on gchat in the am, then you know the vodka killed me...you can have my decoder ring, and nikki gets my scooby doo lunchbox (tho i guess that should go to lunchbox, but thats just too much lol)

Leigh said...

What a fantastic weekend you guys had! Anne and I spent a lot of time outside as well and I just loved every second of it. I love those types of weekends!