Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Updates

It's been a while since I've posted pictures. We haven't been at all camera happy this winter. But the daffodils are up. The birds are louder than ever. And we've had more energy - and occasions - to document this life.

Sophie getting ready for her dance pictures. (she loves the ballet, hates the tap)
The first cookout of spring.
and making cupcakes for Riley's birthday (post to follow) in my old apron.
Riley's first horseback ride of the season.
and lots of loving on her mama's ever growing, ever moving, ever lively belly.
It is March in the Bluegrass and while I know it might snow one more time and we probably haven't seen our last frost, the daytime temps are consistently in the 50's and 60's. I've over extended myself in the yard, planting wildflower seeds, picking up walnuts from the now defunct walnut tree, and getting my compost bin together. We've chatted with all our neighbors over the fences and the walks to and from Sophie's school take at least twice as long as they did in February.

It's a good time to be a Kentuckian.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Beautiful...the post and the pics :)

kristin said...

i love that belly.

and that fancy girl.


: )

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

So glad you are enjoying the warmer weather. I wish I lived closer so I could meet you, Sophie and Riley, and pester Roy in person again! :-)

nancy cho said...

dude, she is growing up so fast!! she's so cute in her dance outfit!