Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happiness Runs

Note to the Reader: I recommend listening to Donovan's Happiness Runs while you read this. "You can have everything if you let yourself be."


I have unexpectedly found myself in a quiet house. This morning at church there was a call for help moving pews around 2:00, and at 3 the youth are holding a Fall Festival Sophie's excited about. Miller (per his usual) is napping his Sunday afternoon away.

In the midst of photo uploads I have multi-tasked my way through lunch dishes and have the kettle on for tea. After I'm finished here I'll catch up on Project Runway and fold ALL the laundry from yesterday. This is so good.

But on to other things.

In the midst of the Sophie school move drama, the daily routine of breakfast-school/work-dinner-homework-games-books-baths, Girl Scouts, Angel Choir, Board Meetings, and Football games, we've had some sweet, sweet moments.

Like frisbee in the front yard.and fans watching from the sidelines.
Miller crawled up here by himself, btw.This morning I walked in to find Sophie feeding Miller some of her scrambled eggs. They are such good friends and my heart leaps with joy.
During a recent trip to Bluffton, Katie and I lamented that we didn't get enough pictures. When I got home, I found that when this girl gets the camera, she captures some sweet moments.
And I happened to catch a few myself.
I love everything about this picture, including Miller crawling on floor and his cousin looking down at him. These three boys are going to be fun.

In this busy time (which will only get busier) during uncertainty and transition, I listen to Donovan's words:

Happiness runs in a circular motion
Thought is like a little boat upon the sea.
Everybody is a part of everything anyway,
You can have everything if you let yourself be.
Happiness runs, happiness runs.

Yup.

1 comment:

kristin said...

oh, i listened to it...and i will hum it all day...i love it...reminds me of when i was little....

love the happiness.